Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Monday 18 February 2013

Bonne Femme Carnival



New Orleans celebrates Mardi Gras before the 40-day-long fasting observance of Lent begins and Quebec celebrates Carnival.
The Quebec City Carnival has been held uninterruptedly since 1955. That year, a large ice palace was built for Bonhomme, the carnival mascot.
My daughter Andrea teaches French at a junior high school in Edmonton. They celebrated Carnival on Friday and she borrowed a costume from a school close to my house. Yesterday we met for dinner and she warned me that when I got home there was a bag with his body by the front door and his head was on the dining room table!  She asked if I could return ‘him’. 


So, here I am as ‘Bonne femme Carnival’. I’m tempted to walk over to the school in costume, waving to cars and kids and see what kind of reception I receive!

No comments: