Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Saturday 5 April 2014

A Significant Birthday



My Mother turned 75 on Monday.
This is the first time since 1982 we’ve lived in the same vicinity. For most of my life we’ve lived in different provinces and in some cases different countries. The last time I was with my Mum on her birthday was 10 years ago when her children and grandchildren surprised her for her 65th.   
We had a lovely day. We were inspired listening to Elizabeth May who is an MP in Sidney. We had lunch overlooking the harbour with my Mother’s niece. We soaked in Emily Carr, Carol Sabiston and other BC artists at the Art Gallery and we shopped.  

I found out things about each of us I had never known.
I feel grateful that my mother is still alive and well and we can spend time together and get to know one another...again. 

No comments: