Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Sunday 22 March 2015

Pink Snow

Remember the Prince song Purple Rain?  

Although officially spring in Canada, the eastern half of the country is buried in snow... again! 

Roads, schools and businesses are closed.

But in the 'Banana Belt', as this part of the country is referred to by the locals, it's pleasant and mild.

So I did my own sort of 'snow shovelling' today. 
I raked and shoveled the fallen Camelia blossoms from the tree and bush.
They were heavy, wet from the rain last night. 

Camelia are early bloomers, some started blooming in January. 

They come in varying shades of brilliant red and pink and white. 
 Although magnificent to look at they don't have any scent. 

1 comment:

Mujer Chilensis said...

beatiful blog!
I look forward to reading you