Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Saturday 14 November 2015

My sister

My little sister Jennifer turned 51 this month.
I remember the day she was brought home from the hospital, laid on my parent's bed, and promptly sneezed.
I was worried.

Jennifer (in the red coat), Winnipeg, mid 1970s
  But she survived, thrived and we moved to Winnipeg to endure the cold prairie winters.
Me, Michael and Jennifer, 2013
She was a middle child, sandwiched between me and our younger, entertaining brother.
She excelled in music and sports and was always cracking us up.


She married Jean-Marc, a Franco-Manitoban, moved to Ottawa, Manila New York and back to Ottawa, all the while working or volunteering in early childhood education.
Jen and I eating  Halo Halo in Manila, 2003














Talking about children,
Nic, Jean-Marc, Jen and Luc 2013
she is the proud mother of Nic and Luc, two busy teenagers

Sisters working on papers 2014
She went back to school in 2013, excelled and recently convocated from the University of Western Ontario with her Masters degree in Professional Education. Mum and I were there to cheer her on!

Way to go Jen! 
Then the whole family celebrated her achievements!

 

Jen, I'm proud of you!


No comments: