Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Monday 10 October 2016

The Pinnacles

As the summer has turned to fall, in Australia the winter is turning to spring. I am reminiscing our trip to Western Australia and one of the most amazing sights we visited - the Pinnacles.

We drove down a road not far from the ocean and there they were. Fields of these tree like limestone formations. There was an eery quiet, almost like a graveyard despite people milling around them.

No one knows exactly how they formed and until the 1960's people camped among them and climbed them.  They are now protected in what has become Nambung National Park.  

We stayed nearby in the town of Cervantes and visited them at sunset and then not having seen enough, again, the next morning.  You can see why.












No comments: