Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Saturday 6 October 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!



The Aussies don’t celebrate Thanksgiving with a holiday as we do. Its spring now, not fall harvest, and they didn’t have Pilgrims.
But I'm celebrating tonight with a stuffed roast chicken (turkey's not common) dinner. I have much to be thankful for. 
Just being here in Australia is enough, but… 
I give thanks for my health and that of my family including my parents who are still doing well in their seventies.
I give thanks that my daughters are happy in their careers and lives. 
A day doesn't go by that I don't appreciate the sacrifice they and Keith made in allowing me to be here this year. 
I give thanks for Keith’s commitment, patience, love and support that I feel even though he’s half a world away.   
I'm grateful to all the people who have offered me support and friendship here in Australia.
And, I give thanks to you, my friends, who have kept in touch through e-mail, Skype and this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow doesn't feel like Thanksgiving without the usual indicators of changing colours, crisp air, and the smell of pumpkin pie (it'a 35 degrees here today and the Jacaranda blossoms are out)...but I share and echo your sentiments.
Stephanie