Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 11 October 2012

Snow!

Snow at Hallet
So you're thinking, as Canada is getting colder, Australia is getting warmer and Cynthia must be enjoying nice temperatures. Well you're wrong. The Antarctic winds are cold and strong. It snowed in the hills near here Thursday morning. I watched the horizontal rain from school. 

You can imagine the news. It was one of the top headlines across the country!

October is known for its temperature changes, from the high teens for a day or two to 28C for a couple of days.  In fact, I'll be up in those hills hiking on Sunday and the forecast is sunny and 27C.


But snow!?  It hadn't fallen in October here in over 100 years!

No comments: