Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Monday 5 August 2013

An amazing day




If you’ve been following my blog you know that my daughter Andrea got engaged at Uluru in Australia last year while she and her now husband Jason, and my now husband Keith, were visiting me.  
Getting dressed
Andrea and Jason decided to get married in 2013. They chose a venue that autumn which instigated 9 months of wedding planning. All the work and arrangements culminated August 3 with a beautiful day for everyone involved. In a summer of weird weather even Mother Nature obliged.  

Andrea and Jason wanted a personalized marriage ceremony with someone they knew guiding the ritual so my Mother, a retired Anglican priest, presided.   My daughter Stefanie was the Maid of Honour and their attendants were close friends who they had known since childhood.
My Mum before the ceremony
The ceremony and reception all happened at Murrieta’s, a classy restaurant on Whyte Avenue in Edmonton near where they met at high school. It was a small and intimate affair attended mostly by family and close friends. 
Gorgeous bride and attendants



Getting ready to remove the garter
Cutting the cake

Me and my siblings
By all accounts it was a success. Everyone complimented us on the occasion. The party went on until the wee hours of the morning. When the restaurant closed at 2:30 am the bride, groom, Maid of Honour, her boyfriend, and my husband and I walked a couple of blocks to our hotel, past wolf whistles and cheers from the kids spilling out of the bars.
On the dance floor

My expectations were exceeded.  Everything fell into place and everyone seemed to have a good time.
It was a good finale to a long but magical day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bride, lovely attendants, fabulous mother-of-the-bride.
Congratulations Andrea and Jason!
Jan Ogilvie

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful wedding. You all look amazing and the bride stunning. Mother is looking proud and beautiful as always. Congratulations!!! Xx cheers Deb Mckenzie