Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Friday 2 August 2013

Sadness and Memories



One of the sad parts of leaving my house was the feeling that I was leaving all the good memories behind.  I would be losing all the girl's experiences during their childhood years, both accomplishments and the trials and tribulations of being a child. 
  




As I sorted through stuff I would find a treasure, whether purchased or created, and remember its significance in their lives and mine. I kept as much as I could. I would move things around, intent on pitching them, but instead they would find their way back in the house. 

Finally, I took the time to sit with all the girl’s art and creations,  recall their meaning to me,  then what I couldn’t keep I photographed.

Even the height charts on the wall!

No comments: