Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Monday 10 November 2014

Doctor Heel Thyself!

This weekend we visited my daughter Stefanie in Portland, Oregon. She's studying to become a Chiropractor at the University of Western States.

Thursday night Keith slipped on some wet leaves and bruised his leg… and his ego.
Friday morning I jogged to work and injured my heel.

Sore and hurting, we were looking forward to Dr. Stef fixing us up. But alas, she sprained her ankle playing soccer!

So our original plans to hike got sidelined but we still had fun. As Stef says, the best thing is to gently exercise the injured parts, so we did...  

while touring, shopping and eating in and around Portland!
Stef and I at the Women's Forum overlooking the Columbia River

Keith and I at Vista House in the Columbia River Gorge

Enjoying food truck grub

Downtown Portland from Mount Tabor 

Flat Iron Building in a funky part of town

The Olympic Mountains behind us on the Coho ferry home
On a sad note the weekend is over but on a positive note we're all healed! 

No comments: