Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Saturday 6 December 2014

Exploring our town

I've been living in Victoria 16 months and Keith has been here almost four.
For one reason or another (check the blog!) we haven't done much exploring.
But lately we're getting out to discover all our town and environs have to offer.
This weekend we went Christmas shopping.
Victoria has an abundance of craft fairs and I just couldn't miss the Owl Designer Craft Fair.

All varieties of jewelry, knitting, felting, woodwork, even cigar box guitars were crammed into a community centre with live music, food trucks and a coffee bar outside the door.  Fun!

Today we went downtown to wander around and found a variety of shops that are either green, funky, organic, ethical or all of the above full of lots of unique things.  

We had a Chinese meal in a restaurant off Fan Tan Alley - which is about 4 feet wide!

We walked to the Inner Harbour and saw boats decorated for a Xmas sailing parade.
There was a night market with lots of stuff from China, not that different from the ones Stef and I experienced in Thailand.

In front of the grand old Empress Hotel was a tent covered ice rink full of people skating -  even though it was ten degrees celsius outside!

Milling around the downtown were people dressed up in various styles, some a little risque, of Santa and Mrs. Claus. Not the Clauses we know!

And there was a Ferris Wheel!?!


Victoria you're not old, sedate and Victorian!

No comments: