Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Tuesday 23 December 2014

Reflections on 2014!

It is the end of another year and time to count my blessings and take stock of what 2014 has brought to me, to Keith, our family and those around us.

It was another year filled with many blessings for which I am grateful and humbled.
When Keith got a job in Victoria this summer I felt guilty as there has been so much suffering in the world at that time. We felt like we had hit the jackpot!

Sadly so much pain and loss continues to be in the news.

My personal accomplishment this year was finishing my doctorate. So many people helped me along the way, not least of all my family who supported me to go to Australia in 2012 and put up with me as I focused on my writing on my return.
As a graduation gift Keith bought me my Flinders University graduation robe and bonnet.  Very festive with a tinge of Harry Potter!



Of course we never know what the next year brings, but I go into the new year hopeful and optimistic and finding ways to make a difference in this sometimes troubled planet we all call home.

And our tiny granddaughter gives us hope for a better world for her to grow up in!

No comments: