Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Sunday 23 August 2015

Visitors in Victoria

Having lived in Edmonton for a long time, living in a tourist town is a new experience for us.

The best part is people come and visit us!  We’ve had lots of visitors this summer who want to see us and the sights.  So we went to see the sights with them… thus getting to know our new town even better.

Some highlights.

Keith’s daughter and son-in-law Kristine and Jeremy and granddaughter Mary came for a week.  We had Mary all to our selves for a couple of days so we took her to:
Moss Street Market to eat organic strawberries

Beacon Hill Park to see the peacocks
and pet the goats 

What's Victoria without a walk (or ride on Grandpa's back) on the beach?


Hatley Castle aka Royal Roads University

The gardens at Hatley Castle
 My sister was just here visiting Mum on Pender.  She came over to Victoria and we decided to try out the restaurant at the Robert Bateman Gallery which overlooks the Inner Harbour.  We also experienced a tea and chocolate tasting at Silk Road, which have been operating in Victoria for 23 years and even grow some of their own tea on the south island.
My sister Jennifer and my Mum and I at Medicine Beach, Pender Island

Jen, me and Keith at the Steamship Grill with the Coho Ferry behind us 

Jen and I at a tea and chocolate tasting at Silk Road Teas
.



No comments: