Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Surprises!

Some people don't like surprises, even the spontaneous, fun and well intentioned ones.
I don't mind them.  I've had lots of good surprises in my life.
It was my birthday yesterday.  My Mother invited me over to Pender Island, where she lives, for the day. She said to bring old clothes as I would be doing something creative but she wouldn't say what.
So I packed my bag and Keith dropped me off at the ferry terminal bright and early in the morning.

As I sat on the ferry for the 40 minute ride e-mails and texts kept coming in on my phone from friends and family from all over the world. I couldn't believe how many people remembered my birthday. I was feeling very blessed!

My Mum and her husband picked me up at the Otter Bay ferry terminal on Pender and as we were walking to the car I heard someone singing Happy Birthday.  I turned around and there to my shock was my Aunt Judy - my mother's sister and her daughter, my cousin Angela.
Aunt Jude, Mum, Allen and Angela
When we arrived at the house a craft table full of stuff - styrofoam, tin foil, wire, masking tape etc.had been set up for us to do Paverpol, a Dutch invention that is a form of goop that covers these items to make ornaments of any size and shape.
Here we are ready to go.

And here are two of our creations, my owl and Angela's birds.
They still need a final coat of paint and finishing touches but they are pretty good for a day of fun and playing!
A day of surprises!


No comments: