Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Tuesday 13 October 2015

Take time to smell the roses

When I was a little girl we lived near my grandparents in Montreal. My grandfather loved to garden in his retirement. He grew vegetables and flowers and often entered his roses into competitions, and many times won a prize.  I guess that is where I get my love of flowers. 

Stef took Keith and I to Portland's International Rose Test Garden. It is the oldest official continuously operated public rose garden in the US and features more than 10,000 roses.  

Despite it being early October, the roses were in their blooming and smelling glory. We walked around for over an hour and took in the beauty and scent of hundreds of rose bushes. I have never seen so many flowers in one place. Grampy would have loved it!  







Stef inhaling some yellow tea roses. 

The garden is immense planted on several tiered levels. 

A sign of fall, spider webs among the roses. 


With all these choices Stef and I could not decide which roses we liked the best. Next year we'll go back and find out!

No comments: