Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Going "Home"

While Keith was working in Melbourne I flew to Adelaide for the day. 

On my way to meet friends and colleagues at Flinders University I  drove past buildings with the traditional lattice work balconies, typical of Adelaide and other places in Australia.  

Me with my Doctoral Supervisor, Darlene McNaughton - looking great! 

The new Student Hub at Flinders with it's expanded seating, green space and outdoor screen.  A major upgrade since I was studying there!

My favorite view from Uni - out to the warm, vast and blue ocean! 
And speaking about the ocean - my favorite hangout - Brighton Beach! 
My friend and former landlady Deb and I having lunch at our 'go to' place on the Esplanade.
Deb with Bea and Paul - my former neighbours.
Grapefruit ripening in Deb's backyard.
It was a wonderful day and difficult to leave...lots of good memories.


No comments: