Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Monday 4 July 2016

Back to the Outback

In the meantime between my blogs other parts of life have been taking over.

Good parts like my daughter Stefanie and her boyfriend visiting us for a fun week of being tourists in our town and enjoying the south island scenery.

And the not so great parts.  Our renovation is running a month overdue so we had to move to a hotel for a week.   Now we're back in the house dodging tradesmen and inhaling paint dust!

So let's escape back to the Outback.

Instead of campgrounds Australia has Caravan Parks where you can camp or rent a cottage like we did.
Our home away from home.

There is a common area with access to BBQs and picnic tables to enjoy "shrimp on the barbie". 

 And you may meet wildlife -  lots of Kangaroos and Emus.




It's a great retreat with a glass of delicious Australian wine after a long day in the searing heat.

No comments: