Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Sunday 24 July 2016

Daughters



I just had a wonderful 3 weeks of visits with my daughters.

The end of June was Stefanie's school break.  She came to Victoria for a visit and brought her boyfriend Cody who is from Oregon.  Although he has traveled the world he had never been to Canada!

Cody and Stef on top of Mt. Douglas

A couple of weeks later, Andrea flew to Victoria for a visit and to travel with us to Portland.  She and I spent a day in Port Angeles, Washington, a ferry ride on the other side of the Straight of Juan de Fuca.

At Hurricane Ridge

Salt Creek Beach

"Purple Haze" at the Sequim Lavender Festival 

While in Portland we attended Stefanie's 'Pinning Ceremony' where she received her lab coat and the school pin which signifies that she can now practice chiropractic under supervision.  We were all thrilled for her but more for us...she adjusted each of us for the first time.  It felt great!



Getting help from her Professor with her lab coat. 

Stefanie with Andrea, Keith and I  - her supporters! 

Delicious Mexican food at Por Que No? 
But it wouldn't be Portland without eating at food trucks, the infamous Voodoo Donuts; visiting all the funky places and of course brunch!
Brunch at Helser's

 It was a great trip and we all had so much fun!
Jason flew in to Victoria for a few days at the end of Andrea's visit. Here they are a Butchart's Gardens - beautiful.

No comments: