Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Sunday 1 January 2017

Ringing in the New Year…literally

With all the disheartening news in the world I have decided that in addition to advocacy and charity I am committing to more humour in 2017.

When our house was under demolition in the spring we lost our door bell. On Friday we bought, and Keith promptly installed, a wireless unit.  We were thrilled that evening when we were alerted to friends at the door with a regal sounding ding dong.  

Last night a group of us went out for dinner then walked down to watch the fireworks in the Inner Harbour with thousands of other folks.  We returned home before midnight and were sitting in the living room when the doorbell rang.

Keith and I looked at each other with a confused expression on our faces.  We both got up and peered outside to find no one at the door.

We went to bed and in the middle of the night we were woken up by a ding dong.  A couple of hours later the Westminster Chimes peeled us awake!

The wireless unit is going back to the store.

Here are some photos from our colder than usual and snowy New Year's Day hike. 

Parry Bay


Witty's Lagoon

Sitting Lady Falls 


 Wishing you a Happy and humorous New Year! 


No comments: