Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Sunday 10 February 2019

Under the Sea in Bonaire

Keith and I just returned from a wonderful dive vacation in Bonaire, Netherlands, a small Island off the coast of Venezuala.

We were there with a group of Albertans who all had an association with Ocean Sports, a dive shop in Edmonton where we took our diving training in 2008. 

We dove three times each day and we saw so many beautiful coral and fish that I just had to share some of my photos with you.  In addition to the photos you see here, we also saw rays, barracuda, butterfly and squirrel fish, sea urchins, seahorses, tarpon, Moray eels, a variety of split tail eels, turtles and even an octupus! The reef was alive with colours and we saw lots of purple tube sponges, fan coral and orange, yellow and pink coral.

Smooth Trunkfish

Lionfish

Yellowfin Goatfish
Spotted Eel
Lizardfish


Parrotfish

Peacock Flounder

T
Blue Tang

Yellow Trumpet Fish

Stoplight Parrot Fish

Scrawled Filefish

French Angelfish

Pufferfish

French Grunt above a Rock Beauty

Sea Anemone

Blue Chromis and Blueheads above the coral head

Barrel Sponge


Squid

Frog Fish

Christmas Tree Worms

Spotted Drum

Two big fish! 

No comments: