Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Sunday 24 June 2012

Kangaroo Kollisions

Well I've not yet seen a live kangaroo this trip.
But I’ve seen dead ones on the side of the road.
Many animals are attracted to car headlights.
Keith and I both expressed that we had never seen so much road kill as we did travelling in NZ and Tasmania.
Deb was coming home from riding her horse tonight and a large kangaroo jumped out in front of her, as they're known to do.
She’s OK but the car didn’t fare so well.
Neither did the ‘Roo.
There aren’t a lot of statistics as most people, like Deb, don’t report the accident.
But in one state alone it is estimated that 6000 Kangaroos die per year in collisions with vehicles.

No comments: