Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Monday 29 July 2013

I've moved...on!


Professional packers

I thought I’d got rid of so much stuff but the movers took a whole work day to pack the dishes, the ornaments, the pots and pans, the clothes, the furniture etc. I was horrified at how long it took four people to pack up my house. Despite my horror, I was amazed at all the boxes packed in the truck, like Tetris, with little air between each one. 
Tetris

 
Keith and I waiting to clean
Then Keith and I spent the rest of the night cleaning the house, which took longer than I thought. We had to haul out all the cleaning supplies and the odds and sods and that didn’t seem to end. I was trying to recycle, give away or save everything but Keith was helpful at packing stuff up and loading it off to the Eco Centre before I went through it all.
I really thought I would never get everything out of the house. But finally it was empty. 
My empty yard
Today I walked through it one last time, said goodbye to each room and thanked it for being such a good home to us for so long.
I gave over the keys to someone else. Another family with two daughters in elementary school,  the same age difference as my daughters, who hopefully will enjoy the house as much as we did.


And now I am finally living with my husband for the next two weeks.  

No comments: