Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Sunday 15 May 2016

Surfing AUS

I love surfing.  Well I love to watch people surfing.  I did try it when I lived in Australia but never got very good at it and certainly never did "hang 10" or perform an aerial.




We visited lots of good surfing beaches and I saw women about my age taking lessons.  It is the thing to do on a weekend morning in Australia.

Instead of taking swimming lessons at an indoor pool kids join surf clubs and learn how to rescue people. The red and yellow flags indicate that the surf club is on the beach.  Most beaches have a surf clubhouse and some even serve refreshments.


The waves may not appear large but it isn't easy to stay upright.  Unlike skiing you wax the top of the board to get a grip!



In my next life I want to be a surfer chick!

No comments: