Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Wednesday 11 May 2016

WA

Australians are notorious for shortening the names of their favourite places. WA is what the locals call Western Australia and Freo is short for Freemantle, our first stop for a couple of days on the wild and wonderful west coast.

A local butcher shop that had everything you could imagine, floor to ceiling. 
From Freo we drove south, enroute we stopped to dip our toes in the warm, vast Indian Ocean.
Parakeets and other colourful songbirds are commonplace. 
 We spent a day in the wine district around Margaret River where there are hectares of vineyards...

and hundreds of wineries.  A Grasstree - unique to WA - in front of one of the wineries.  Later on our trip we saw fields of these unusual palm trees.



Many wineries sell jams, jellies, nougat, chocolate, tapinade and other yummy items that you can taste before you buy.

But we went for the wine.   "Hmmm which one should I try next?|"

No comments: