Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Sunday 15 October 2017

Favourite images from the trip

The following photos are some of my favourite images from our vacation in Spain, Morocco and Portugal in September both for their beauty but also the memories they evoke. Enjoy! 

I had forgotten how narrow the streets can be in parts of Europe.  The taxi driver, who took us from the airport, sped through the narrow roads on our way to the hotel - normal for him, terrifying for us! 

Seville 
Water was ever present in the palaces, both the Alhambra and the Real Alcazar in the form of irrigation channels, jets, ponds and pools as depicted in the next few photos. I loved the almost perfect reflection of the palace in the pool.
The tranquility of one of the many pools in the Alhambra, Granada


A fountain in one of the gardens of the Alhambra, Granada

The ornate Moorish architecture of the Alhambra, Granada

The underground women's bath in the Real Alcazar





The ornate Gothic ceiling of the Seville Cathedral
 - Saint Mary of the See

A simple, Mediterranean-like structure
at Cape Sagres Portugal 
Downtown Madrid - architecture and advertising! 

I could, and perhaps will, do a whole blog on the different architectural styles we saw.

A few more photos with no particular theme, I just liked them!

A vendor in the Souk in the Medina, Tangier Morocco

Lagos  - spectacular cliffs and beaches

A common sight - laundry hanging
 and a person sweeping their sidewalk clean

Morning mist looking at the Port Lodges in Vila Nova de Gaia



The wineries of the Douro River
A tour boat on the Douro River

Military procession at the Royal Palace, Madrid



No comments: