Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Om Swasti Astu

... is the traditional greeting in Bali. 
I am having a thoroughly relaxing time in this beautiful, peaceful and spritual place. My classmate Pande picked me up at the airport and took me around to some of the temples, beaches and restaurants as well as arranging my presentation at the university. 
Pande looking over my 'frog' coconut drink

Pura Pusa temple

My hotel - Artini 2
This morning I had breakfast with some fellow travellers and simultaneously we called our hotel an oasis - a lush, calm, quiet enclave hidden away from the tourist bustle.   Today I took a tour with two others, a small group who were able to convince our driver to only go to the spots we wanted to see. In the process I made new friends. Here are some of the things I have experienced.
The local way of life

Samples from the local coffee plantation

Batur Mountain. The Volcano last erupted in 2004

Rice fields

Inhabitants of the Monkey Forest

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely ! Bali is on my must see list ! Enjoy the rest of your travels en route to home.

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful cynthia. You have the best life. Safe travels. X deb