Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Last


This is my last week in Adelaide and Australia for that matter. I leave in four sleeps.  Every day I do something for the last time.
On Saturday I ate at the Waffle King, real Belgian waffles and chocolate. Then, I lingered over the books in the second hand bookstore for the last time, choosing two for the long way home.

 
On Sunday I went to the Marion market and bought nectarines, mangos and avocados. 
On Tuesday people reminded me that it was my last ‘morning tea’.
Last night was my last bus ride from the city, it was late and I was surrounded by ‘other’ sleepy students.
This morning was my last swim at the mega size YMCA.  I enjoyed every moment in the 50 metre pool.
Tonight was my last grocery shop. The mall was busy with Christmas shoppers. The ‘barkers’ were selling their wares, everything from cakes and pies to jewelry. They stand outside the store with a microphone promoting the items on sale.
And tonight was my last home made supper. Friends are 'shouting' me a meal from here on in. I chose to eat seafood – a mixture of mussels, squid, salmon, whitefish and scallops on pasta; a salad with avocado, tomatoes, olives and radishes, and fresh mango for dessert. Oh and cordial to drink. All local and very yummy!

No comments: