Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Sunday 19 May 2013

Memories for sale

I am going through more change.  Now you may be thinking that I've already been through some variety in my life lately but you probably don't realize that I've lived in my house for a very long time. We moved in when Andrea was 3 weeks old, right about now in fact, 27 years ago. Hard to believe. Where has the time gone? I experienced a great deal of happiness while living in this house, Stefanie was born at home here, my girls walked to school every day close by and played soccer in the local fields; my daughters grew up and went on to great things; a dog guarded this house for many years who is now sadly gone.  I left here for a year on my trip to Australia and returned to my new life with Keith.
Putting this house on the market has meant more than purging things it has meant addressing emotions and dealing with feelings and letting go of memories. I wonder why I didn't get rid of so much stuff, physical and emotional before?
One of the things I will always remember is our collection of 'talking' fridge magnets which were very popular with the girl's friends. We had the getto blaster that played the macarena; the pop can that burped; the toilet that flushed, the phone that rang etc. etc.

Anyway it feels good to be moving on. I am sitting here as strangers walk through my life during my first open house.



No comments: