Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 30 May 2013

The Wedding

On the May 11/12 weekend Andrea and her friend Keith, Stefanie and Cody, (my) Keith and I flew to Montreal for my brother's first wedding. No he was not a confirmed bachelor, until now he hadn't found the right partner. The wedding was just outside of Montreal in Mont St. Hilaire at an elegant manoir. The setting was elegant, the food was delicious and we all had fun!
Mike and Chanel
It was great to connect with family who we seldom get a chance to see given that we are spread out right across the country.

My father's side of the family
My mother's side of the family

Although there was a 'cold wind in Montreal' it didn't matter, we had a great time. We spent Mother's Day in Old Montreal eating crepes, walking Boulevard St. Laurent and having a nibble at Schwartz's and Fairmont Bagel.

Orange Julep
Schwartz's

We experienced an outdoor 'musical' swing installation in the arts district, sauntered through the stores on St. Catharine's street and sipped a delicious Orange Julep! It was nice to be back in the place I was born and grew up in and where Keith spent 20 years attending business meetings when he worked for a Montreal based company.

No comments: