Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 28 January 2016

More winter sights

My quest to find bird photos took me to new places this weekend.  I know it sounds cliché but I really let the car take me where it wants to go sometimes.

I had intended to go to a beach we often walk but I turned the wrong way. So, I (or the car) continued to the end of the road at a secluded spot on the water - Gonzales Beach. 




 I wasn’t happy with the selection of birds so I drove up the hill to Walbran Park. It offers a spectacular 180 degree view of Victoria looking south and west.  I walked around the park and could hear tweets and songs of small birds but couldn’t see any.  Then I spotted…


I took several photos of this beautiful Bald Eagle. People walked around the park, came and went, but I was the only person who spotted this majestic creature. Of course s/he saw everyone.

No comments: