Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Sunday 17 January 2016

Winter on the West Coast

El Nino winds have been blowing around the world, keeping parts of Canada warmer than usual.  For the west coast it has resulted in wet, grey and windy weather.
Looking south to the Olympic Mountain Range, faint in the clouds.  


Not the big sky of the Prairies but beautiful nontheless. 
Calm waters and low tide.


We went for a walk  on a beach near us and found it littered with the wreckage of sailboats that had broken from their moorings in the high winds and crashed into the shore.

 







We went back today and the tide was the highest we'd ever seen it. There was no beach to walk on! 




Children were playing on this wreckage yesterday
 Everyday the beach is different.
The power of Mother Nature and the beauty of clouds, spray, wind and foam.







No comments: