Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Friday 30 November 2012

Carpet of colours

One of the first things I noticed upon arriving in this part of the world last February were the Agapanthus.

They are tall, globe shaped flowers in different shades of mauve. They grow everywhere - on the side of the highway, in people's gardens, in parks. They're blooming again, now that I am going home.

I feel like Adelaide is rolling out its purple carpet for me - the magnificent deep purple and periwinkle Jacarandas, the Agapanthus...




and Oleander which are pink, but lovely, none the less.

No comments: