Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Saturday 4 August 2012

Seasons


Well I am feeling better.
It’s warming up, a degree or two takes the chill off and makes a huge difference.
Plus the days are getting longer. It’s bright at 7 in the morning and not dark until after 6 pm.  I ride home from school in the light.   
European settlers created the four seasons because it is what they knew but I think there are really only 2 seasons in most of Australia – spring and summer.   It’s still winter but trees are blossoming, irises and daffodils are blooming and roses are appearing again. 
The grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges that were tiny in February are now falling off the trees and like most fruit and veg. here are delicious… and in this case free! 
The birds are singing loudly, here is a photo of the adoreable and smart Galahs.











































































































 

1 comment:

Katharine said...

And of course, here we are into our last month of summer, where some mornings it's very chilly, the days are shorter, leaves are dropping and bedding plants look a bit bedraggled, given so much rain. Your energy rises, ours begins to dip in response to these cycles. Enjoy the coming warmth, while we begin to wax nostalgic!