Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Monday 30 July 2012

Dreaming of home


I had got to the point that I wasn’t home sick. It's a weird feeling, but I was walking down the street one day when I realized that as much as I missed everyone I was here for a reason and it was my choice so I might as well make the most of it.

Then my family came for an amazing vacation and now I am home sick again.
It's been a tough few days since Keith left. The wet weather is reflecting my melancholy.  It's still winter despite the blossoms on the trees and the green grass.
Plus, with Andrea and Jason’s engagement and the flood clean up I feel like I AM at home some days or at least part of me is there and the rest of me is an onlooker here.

Almost every night I return to Edmonton in my dreams!
But, it's the start of term and like February I am back in class for the next two weeks. As they say here, school is ‘full on’!

So I am rationalizing. I have 4 months give or take to get my proposal and ethics approved and all my data collected.   It's a lot to do.




 I won’t have time to sleep never mind be homesick!
But I need to sleep and dream....

2 comments:

Stephanie Bishop said...

I can relate ! At times, I feel like I am leading a double life; my life here in Botswana and my life at home. Given the time difference, my Canadian life takes place after hours.

Stephanie Bishop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.