Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 27 September 2012

Lamingtons


The first time I ever tasted one of these goodies was at my going away party. My friend Gail, who'd had them because her sister lives in New Zealand, made a "whack" of them, some even gluten free. No small feat!  When we left the party I wished that I had brought a few home with me.  They were delicious!

A Lamington is usually a creamy white cake, covered in a thin layer of chocolate icing and coated with flaked coconut.  But sometimes inside is a chocolate cherry cake, and sometimes they’re covered in raspberry instead of chocolate icing and coconut and even sometimes they’re split in the middle and filled with thick cream. 



 Any way is delicious. 

No comments: