Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 20 September 2012

Threads


Now having said I am un-lonely does not mean I’m alone. More than ever I realize the importance of connections to other people and communities. I wouldn't survive here without my local and international connections, especially to friends and family in Canada.

A colleague from Britain and I often sit and discuss our experience as temporary residents in Australia. We are the ‘other’ here. We sort out our experience by talking about it. The thread that brings us together forms our bond.  

We find those threads and bonds by reaching out to people and communities for love, support and to fulfill ourselves and our mission on this earth. 

“We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return as results.”
Herman Melville

No comments: