Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Monday 17 September 2012

UN-lonely


People are frequently asking me if I am lonely, homesick, missing home and so on. 
I have acknowledged on this blog that I am lonely at times.  But, here is my response for most of the time.
I was given a “Women’s Wit” calendar as a going away present from a friend. In it are photos of women from the ‘30s and ‘40s that have been colour enhanced. I am reminded that the women in the photos are about the same age as my grandmothers.
This is the photo for September.   

The quote is” What a lovely surprise to discover how un-lonely being alone can be.” Ellen Burstyn 

I like being alone and I sometimes chose it over being with people. Not everyone gets that.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I get it !