Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 6 September 2012

Road Warriors


So winter in Australia is officially over. It was wet, windy and cool in South Australia, but nothing compared to Canada.  Yet people were surprised that I rode my bicycle every day.
Ok the hills are steep but it was nothing compared to some of the road warriors in Edmonton who ride through rain, sun, sleet and snow…storm!  People like Val, who cycle daily to work and then look great to boot!
I salute you, Val, you inspire me.  
A couple who are riding from Greece to India

1 comment:

roxy said...

Yes, we are launching into winter. Not bad, though - plus 14 today, blue skies and I am about to go on my 9.5 km run (in prep for my Terry Fox [Canadian!!!] run next week). Let's do a skype soon. Your posting about missing Canada made me laugh ... when I was in Costa Rica, (before online newspapers) I travelled to the capital just to go to a specialized newspaper store and bought a Globe and Mail for 15 dollars. Worth every penny. I was starving for Canadian news - I read every sentence. News for you - Paul McCartney is coming to Edmonton! Concert in november. I hope we can catch up soon - maybe in late september, after classes have settled in.