Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Sunday 22 January 2012

Aquatic Life

Despite a warmer yet still wintery day in Edmonton my life was of the marine vein. Andrea, Jason, Keith and I re-certified our scuba skills in a local indoor pool in anticipation of the four of us diving the Great Barrier Reef this summer. Even sooner, Keith and I will be diving off the coast of New Zealand in a couple of weeks! Then my dear friend Gail took my fish tank to take care of while I am gone. As I told you earlier in the blog, it has been unusually warm in this part of the country. We all knew it was not going to last and sure enough it crashed to -47 C with the wind chill last week. I knew I should have move the fish when it was +10 C on January 9th! But as luck would have it the temperature hit +1 C today and the sun was shining and heating things up. The move went swimmingly, so to speak, and the fish seemed oblivious in the bucket with the heating blanket around it. Here they are before the move. Now my trip seems more and more real as fish and plants are leaving my house.

No comments: