Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 19 January 2012

Perspective

I have started to reread the Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.  Each day has a message. I read the book every morning last year, even  photocopying the pages to take with me on my travels.  I really wanted a new book with a meditation for each day but then I realized that I see the world very differently now than I did one year ago.
On this day last year I was looking out to the mystical Greek islands in the Aegean Sea wondering what 2011 would bring. I could never have imagined the year I’ve had. In summing up the past 12 months I would say the best word to describe it is change. It was a year during which I experienced both personal and professional changes that have caused me to see the world in a very different light.
I would like to go back to the Santorini Hotel where this photo was taken, where I sat alone, meditated and sipped tea early in the morning.

No comments: