Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 19 January 2012

Ladybug

I was gardening today, you read right.  It is sunny and 100 C here.  Yes it is pleasant and better than the usual frigid weather we experience in January.  But it is frightening. All I can think of is the polar bears up north stranded with fewer ice flows on which to leap.
In fact, since it is usually so cold I booked a flight to Pender Island  months ago. I leave Thursday to visit the real Ladybug, my Mum. There have been many times I have left the cold, monochromatic snowy landscape of the prairie for the lush, moist, verdant BC coast.  Not so much contrast this year.
So back to my gardening. I did some further pruning since my garden will be less tended while I am gone.
And look who I found in the garden with me!

No comments: