Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 19 January 2012

Nothing to Fear

Hmmm.  Someone I admire recently called me fearless.  I was taken aback.  Is this how I appear to the world?
Though I may appear fearless I do have some concern and reservation of the unknown I am entering into.  It is like the cave we came upon on our hike up Mount Robson last summer.  Only a couple of the members of the group went in, Peter and I. Peter kept beckoning me to come further into the tight, dark, damp cave and although it scared me, that fear was tinged with elation, anticipation, freedom and excitement.  The same feelings I have now.
Here I am in middle age starting over so to speak.  Most of my life is wonderful, so then why would I change things?  Why give up the security of a monthly paycheck by working for myself and going back school.
Well it has to do with finding myself and figuring things out for me.  But I do know that I want to learn, and I want to be around people who are making positive change in the world, who think somewhat like me.  I want to live beyond my nice comfortable borders, and be guided by my heart.
As I embark on this journey of learning and travelling the following quotation rings true and thus informs the title of my blog:
“Anything I've ever done that ultimately was worthwhile... initially scared me to death. “ ~Betty Bender
So I hope you will join me as I blog about the many metaphorical caves I will be going into in the next year.
Cynthia

No comments: