Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Aussieisms

The Reject Shop = Dollar store
Eftpos = debit
Capsicum = pepper (green, red etc.)
No pennies, everything is rounded in a cash transaction.
BLTs and Caesar salads have soft boiled eggs in them. Most Aussies think hard boiled eggs are disgusting!
Movies have different levels of seats ranging in price from $18 to $35.
Dodgy = Sketchy
Ra Ra Ra = And so on
sunnies = sunglasses
Buying gold fish at an outdoor market!?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How about "I'll shout you..." = I'll treat you (to something, i.e., a round of drinks)

Don't forget the pawpaws (papayas)

and, pear shaped = out of whack

Roxy said...

I love soft boiled eggs!