Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 5 April 2012

Surf's Up

I was always a good student and rarely played hooky but today I skipped out of school early, stopping briefly at the house for my swimsuit, towel and sunscreen and continuing down to Brighton Beach.
It was a hot day and lots of people were at the seaside, mostly families. I think everyone feels like I do, take advantage of the weather as it may be the last chance before autumn really sets in. The nights are cooling off and the odd leaf has fallen.
I bought a vegetable pastie enroute and it was still warm when I ate it one and a half hours later!
I recall a colleague who did his PhD in Australia talking about dividing his time between surfing and his studies. I thought that was cool. I have not learned to board surf yet but did some body surfing today. One step at a time!

No comments: