Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Monday 16 April 2012

FFF

This weekend I had two adventures with friends who are faculty at Flinders (hence the title).
On Saturday I went Junk Shopping with my Supervisor and her friend. They love to comb the Salvos (Salvation Army), Goodwill, St. Vincent de Paul, yes just like in Canada, and other shops run by the Red Cross and Humane Society, what we would call Second Hand stores, and Yard Sales. It was fun! I found most of the shops to be higher end and better organized than in Edmonton. In Adelaide recycling is a priority. Darlene can walk into a place and spot a Stella McCartney or antique perfume atomizer, which she bought, in seconds. I found some good books, and a long skirt for 50 cents!
Today I went to a quaint seaside town called Noarlunga, about 15 minutes south of where I live, to snorkel with Glenn. We walked to the end of the Jetty, descended the steps, plunged into the waves and swam out to the reef, a few feet beyond. I had my wet suit on to keep me warm, it is autumn after all even though it was 29C today! Here are some photos with my wonderful underwater camera.
Glenn feeding the fish.
Fish!
Views from the water

No comments: