Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Cycling the Torrens

As my time in Adelaide draws to a close I am packing in the things I was told to do but hadn't got a chance.
I cycled beside the beautiful Torrens River on the weekend.
Parts look like the Amazon rainforest

It's a narrow river, about the size of the Rideau Canal, and runs through the north side of the convention and theatre centres, museums and art gallery, Government House and the University of Adelaide. Paddle boats and sight seeing boats went by. Black swans and a whole variety of ducks floated here and there.  Families were having picnics and others were walking or cycling.
The Zoo and the Botanical Gardens are on the south bank.
Here are some photos of the gardens. 
A row of Morton Bay Fig Trees
Cactii, bromelaids and waterlilies
Birds of Paradise
Lush climbing vines        


The Australian Native Garden  
        

No comments: