Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Friday 16 November 2012

Progress


On August 9 I wrote about being in a holding pattern. In the months of August, September and early October it wasn’t clear whether I would get the data collection for my research completed before Christmas, which was Plan A. Hence why I mentioned I had Plans B and C. One of which was to come home and do my research in Canada (which although desireable had complications in terms of ethics and supervisors). 
At that time we needed to get support from the government, the clinics and the nurses.  While I was awaiting approval, the health system began to fall apart. To quote a high level government official, SA Health is “single handedly lowering South Australia’s credit rating.”  Sound familiar?
After some delay getting through two ethics committees, and me not sleeping (and taking advantage of the local wines) while valuable research time began to evaporate, I finally jumped through all the hoops and my research started rolling in mid-October.
Today, I commenced my interviews. I can finally breathe a sigh of relief that, barring some unforeseen catastrophe,  I will get my data collected before I board my flight home for Christmas. And….I won’t be required to return in the New Year to do more.

Not unless of course I want to come back for a visit to this lovely place.

No comments: