Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Saturday 17 November 2012

Three weeks to go!


Today was my Farewell Party hosted by my friends and fellow Canadians Lori and Bob.
Thirty of us met at a park on the Esplanade with the white caps dusting the teal green ocean just steps away.  People hauled their Eskies (coolers) with wine, beer and cider and shrimp and meats to be cooked on the communal ’barbie’,  provided by the Council. Most parks, even small neighbourhood ones, have them.
It was sunny and warm as we sat outside, ate and drank wine and visited all afternoon.  

  
The group today represented seven countries.  
I will definately miss the friends I have met at Flinders! 

It was a long day for at least one of us!

1 comment:

Katharine said...

Can it be, you're soon homeward bound, Cynthia. Again a glitch with your blog in that I don't get the emails telling me when you post, despite my re-subscribing. So my "how can it be so soon???" delay. Last night we feted Kathy's grand achievement at Lona's with about 15 of her colleagues and friends. Potluck dinner, a talking circle, champagne and a bit of dancing as we restored Lona's home. I look forward to celebrating you too! Best in these next days.