Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Wednesday 21 November 2012

The Magic of Australia

It was 37 degrees and sunny yesterday as I drove around to people's homes to interview them. One of my interviewees said "you've picked a bad day to be out and about". I guess she's never weathered a
 - 30C snow storm!

A few of us agreed to meet at the beach for a swim. When I arrived Louise said, first of all we have a surprise for you at Lori and Bob's place (who live nearby).   

So we headed there but she wouldn't tell me what the surprise was. I was thinking that a Canadian academic whose in town to present at a conference must be over for tea.

But, as we entered the yard I was told to be quiet.











And then I saw him or her in a small eucalyptus tree right beside their patio.
S/he had quite the overbite!

It's hot and windy and apparently the koalas, not usually in this neighbourhood, go looking for water. Lori and Bob have a bucket of rain water in their garden.

While we sat in amazement s/he fell from a higher branch down to a lower one, crawled back up and as if bored with it all...


hooked it's claws around the branch and promptly went to sleep!

No comments: