Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Saturday 7 July 2012

The Blue Mountains

I am on mid-semester break at school and Keith, Andrea and Jason kindly came to Australia to visit. Since it's winter and cool in the south we are heading up north to the tropics and desert.
Day two of our vacation we took a train to Katoomba,  two hours inland and up in the Blue Mountains.  
Once we arrived in the quaint former mining town we travelled by bus, then the steepest train in the world at 52 degrees down to the rainforest floor.
We then took a cable car through the valley back to the top and hiked some of the rock formations.
You can see it is reminiscent of the Grand Canyon, except for the gum trees.


View from the front of the steepest train

The cable car

On the cliff edge

The Three Sisters
Panorama

No comments: